INFORMATION FOR GROUP LEADERS
Accommodation can be provided for as many as 175 people in rooms varying in size from single to 10 bedded dorms. Up to three separate groups can be accommodated at a time with each group in its own conference room.
The building is ideally suited to youth groups although the addition of some en-suite rooms and the provision of wash-hand basins in all rooms make it very attractive to family groups as well.
While the Centre is not a hotel, improvements are constantly being made and every effort will be made to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Games room: table tennis, Pool table, football table, air-hockey table.
Ice-cream parlour shop: Confectionary, souvenirs, Tearcraft, Maud's ice-cream, hot chocolates, coffees.
Forest Park: walks, orienteering, canoeing*, pony-trekking*, plenty of space for games (* prior booking with local facilitators required)
Newcastle: shopping, outdoor swimming, beach.
All beds have pillows, mattress covers and duvets, however you need to bring either sheets and a pillowcase or a sleeping bag and pillowcase per bed. Alternatively sheets can be hired from us - contact the manager for charge.
Guests are expected to serve themselves from hot cupboards in the dining rooms, clear the tables and stack the trolleys so that staff can wash-up and re-lay tables.
Breakfast - 8.45am
Lunch - 1.00pm
Dinner - 5.30pm
Supper (Friday only) - 9.00pm
Note: Please notify us, at least 48hrs before your visit, with regard to vegetarians or other special dietary needs.
Day visitors are welcome if prior notice is given. The cost of meals can be supplied on request.
In summer groups are asked not to arrive before 4.00pm on the first day of their stay and to depart, if possible, by 10.00am on their last day.
At week-ends groups are asked to depart by 4.00pm on Sunday.
It is the responsibility of the group leader to advise each guest of these rules:
- Ensure your group takes care of the property.
- Breakages and damages to property must be paid for.
- No Sellotape, drawing pins or blue tack to be used on walls.
- No furniture is to be moved.
- No smoking in the building.
- No alcohol allowed on the premises.
- Turn out lights where possible.
- Hot water bottles may be filled in the coffee lounge.
- We appreciate punctuality at meal times.
- Soft shoes should be worn indoors where possible.
- All car drivers must obey the Forest Park rules - DRIVE SLOWLY; one way system; car passes available from Castle manager.
- Bed linen can be hired - otherwise bring two sheets and a pillowcase or a sleeping bag and pillowcase per bed.
- Doors locked at 11.30pm
- Please ensure that each member of your group is familiar with the fire procedure as outlined on the back of each bedroom door.